Volunteer Roles and Support
How Can You Get Involved?
Sign up to volunteer at an upcoming competition:
- Western Bowling Sectionals (January 18, 2020)
- Central Bowling Sectionals (January 19, 2020)
- Eastern Bowling Sectionals (January 26, 2020)
- Create a Plunge Team (We have 9 statewide Plunges to choose from!)
If you are interested in becoming involved in LETR or have questions, please contact us via the following email address: LETRrecruit@specialolympicspa.org.
Description of LETR Volunteer Roles:
- Opening Ceremonies: Escort the Flame of Hope into Opening Ceremonies, with a Special Olympics PA athlete, to light the Caldron prior to the start of competition. This volunteer role will take approximately an hour.
- Award Ceremonies: Probably one of the most enjoyable roles…handing medals out to the athletes during the awards ceremony!
- To ensure we are being respectful of the Law Enforcement Torch Run Committee and Volunteers’ time, requests for support will be sent quarterly. Requests for the year may be submitted all at once. Complete our Request Form.
- In the event that you have an unexpected need, please contact Kraig Makohus or Carrie Hucker Jaumann no later than 60 days prior to the event. If your request is submitted after 60 days, we will try our best to accommodate, but are unable to guarantee support.
- Forms returned incomplete will be returned. If you are unable to answer a question, please give an explanation.
- If your request has been fulfilled, you will be contacted by Carrie Hucker Jaumann, Kraig Makohus, or a member of our Law Enforcement Torch Run Committee. If we are unable to secure support, you will be notified 15 days prior to your event.
- Please note that many of the Law Enforcement Torch Run volunteers are current and active members of law enforcement. As a result, officers are subject to unexpected schedule changes or emergencies, which may interfere with plans to support your event. In this case, we will do our best to secure a replacement volunteer, but cannot guarantee one. Please always have a Special Olympics PA volunteer available to step-in if possible.