State & Sectional Events
Download our State Events: Important Dates, Deadlines & Help Desk Hours documents to stay on top of when competition documents are due and when our staff is available to answer questions.
Important dates and deadlines can also be found on our Events Calendar.
Sectional competitions are hosted by Special Olympics Pennsylvania for each training season (summer, fall, winter) in each of the three sections of the state (west, central, east).
Spring Sectionals Update: We will not be hosting Spring Sectional competitions this year but instead are working on a revised competition plan and schedule for the remainder of the Spring Season to afford as many opportunities to as many athletes as possible.
EAST – Bruce Bach, Senior Competition Director
- Eastern Bowling Sectional – Allentown, PA – TBD, 2021
- Eastern Spring Sectional – Kutztown University – N/A
- Eastern Fall Sectional – October TBD, 2021
CENTRAL – Teresa Amaturo, Central Competition Director
- Central Bowling Sectional – Harrisburg, PA – TBD, 2021
- Central Spring Sectional – Saint Francis University – N/A
- Central Fall Sectional – October TBD, 2021
WEST – Mike Ermer, Western Competition Director
- Western Bowling Sectional – Erie, PA – TBD, 2021
- Western Spring Sectional – Carnegie Mellon University – N/A
- Western Fall Sectional – October TBD, 2021
STATE COMPETITIONS & EVENTS:
Special Olympics Pennsylvania hosts the following state level competitions:
- Winter Games – Virtual Event combined with Indoor Winter Games, weekends Feb. 27 - March 13, 2021 (Virtual Winter Games)
- Indoor Winter Games – Virtual Event combined with Winter Games, weekends Feb. 27 - March 13, 2021 (Virtual Winter Games)
- Virtual Winter Games – Weekends February 27 - March 13, 2021
- Spring Fitness Heptathlon – June 10-12, 2021
- Fall Festival – November 5-7, 2021
- Sports Camp – August 15-21, 2021