One Page Snapshots
Healthy Communities is a recognition program for the Special Olympics Movement made possible by the Golisano Foundation. The goal is to increase access to healthcare and improve health status of people with intellectual disabilities around the world.
Check out Special Olympics Pennsylvania's Healthy Communities One Page Snapshot.
Health and Intellectual Disability: This one-pager focuses on health and intellectual disability research.
Health Research Key Findings: This one-pager focuses on Special Olympics health research
Video from Chairman Tim Shriver: Access this four-minute video in which Tim Shriver outlines the need for Special Olympics to focus on building Healthy Communities and challenges community partners to do more.
Proud Healthy Communities Partners:
- Greater Philadelphia YMCA
- Hanover Area YMCA
- YMCA of Greater Brandywine
- YMCA of York & York County
- Scenic Rivers YMCA - Clarion County YMCA
- Scenic Rivers YMCA - Oil City YMCA
- Greater Carbondale YMCA
- Greater Pittston YMCA
- Greater Scranton YMCA
- Greater Valley YMCA
- Lancaster Family YMCA
- River Valley Regional YMCA
- Wayne County YMCA
- Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA
- Boothwyn: 623 Conchester Highway, Boothwyn, PA 19061
- Pittsburgh: 2350 Noblestown Rd., #114 Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- Washington: 46 Old Mill Blvd., Washington, PA 15301
- Belle Vernon: 156 Finley Rd., Belle Vernon, PA 15012
- Etters: 204 Newberry Pkwy, Etters, PA 17319
- Norristown (Plymouth Meeting): 1000 Sandy Street Rear Entrance, Norristown, PA 19401
- Phoenixville (Oaks Shopping Center): 1570 Egypt Rd. Ste. 130, Phoenixville, PA 19460
- Pottstown: 351 W Schuylkill Rd., Pottstown, PA 19465
- Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill): 7709 Crittenden St., Philadelphia, PA 19118