We have included education resources that include materials for athletes, caregivers and families to learn more about the vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I GET VACCINATED?
You can refer to the Pennsylvania Department of Health for information on:
POSTER, INFOGRAPHICS & TOOLKIT
- What You Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine Printable Poster (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Myths vs. Facts Infographic (PDF)
- Making COVID-19 Vaccine Campaigns Inclusive of People with ID Infographic (PDF)
- Vaccine Education Toolkit for Local Programs
- SOPA COVID-19 Vaccine One-Pager for Athletes & Caregivers
VACCINE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT INTERNET
While most information about COVID-19 vaccines are provided through the internet, not everyone has access to this information and resources. If you know someone who doesn’t have access to the internet, please share the following resources with them:
- Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL): This free national hotline that connects callers with information on accessing the COVID-19 vaccine and related supports for people with disabilities. 1-888-677-1199
- PA Health Hotline: This hotline can provide individuals with the appropriate COVID-19 vaccine and healthcare provider information. 1-877-724-3258
- Persevere PA: This hotline is designed to link callers with counselors to assist with the mental health impacts of COVID-19. They can also assist a caller in finding a healthcare provider to administer the vaccine when their corresponding phase arrives. Resources in both English and Spanish are available. 1-855-284-2494
- PA Relay Services: These services are designed to assist individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to receive information via telephone. 7-1-1
- Transportation Assistance through Lyft and Uber.
- Lyft is providing ride codes specifically for older adults for up to $25 (each way) to their vaccine appointment. Older adults can use SENIORVAX1 when scheduling a ride for their first dose and SENIORVAX2 when scheduling a ride for their second dose.
- Uber is offering up to $25 for rides (each way) to vaccination sites. Visit https://www.uber.com/us/en/coronavirus/ to learn more about scheduling a ride to a vaccination site.