We have included education resources that include materials for athletes, caregivers and families to learn more about the vaccine.
HOW DO I GET VACCINATED?
You can refer to the Pennsylvania Department of Health for information on:
SOPA PARTNERS WITH ODP AND RITE AID TO GET ATHLETES & THEIR CAREGIVERS VACCINATED
We are contacting all registered athletes and their families via mail, phone, and email to announce an exciting new partnership with the Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) and Rite Aid that enables our athletes and their caregivers to get vaccinated at Rite Aid stores across the state. Any SOPA athlete can take advantage of this great opportunity – they don’t have to be registered with ODP!
Athletes and caregivers who would like to schedule an appointment can call ODP’s Vaccination Call Center toll-free at 1-800-424-4345, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. More details and specific instructions are included on the attached flyer from ODP.
We are working to ensure that no athlete gets overlooked or left behind! While it is true that everyone over the age of 16 is now eligible to get vaccinated, that doesn’t mean it’s easy for everyone to do so. We want to remove all obstacles and barriers for our athletes.
POSTER, INFOGRAPHICS & TOOLKIT
- What You Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine Printable Poster (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Myths vs. Facts Infographic (PDF)
- Making COVID-19 Vaccine Campaigns Inclusive of People with ID Infographic (PDF)
- Vaccine Education Toolkit for Local Programs
VACCINE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT INTERNET
While most information about COVID-19 vaccines are provided through the internet, not everyone has access to this information and resources. If you know someone who doesn’t have access to the internet, please share the following resources with them:
- Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL): This free national hotline that connects callers with information on accessing the COVID-19 vaccine and related supports for people with disabilities. 1-888-677-1199
- PA Health Hotline: This hotline can provide individuals with the appropriate COVID-19 vaccine and healthcare provider information. 1-877-724-3258
- Persevere PA: This hotline is designed to link callers with counselors to assist with the mental health impacts of COVID-19. They can also assist a caller in finding a healthcare provider to administer the vaccine when their corresponding phase arrives. Resources in both English and Spanish are available. 1-855-284-2494
- PA Relay Services: These services are designed to assist individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to receive information via telephone. 7-1-1
- Transportation Assistance through Lyft and Uber.
- Lyft is providing ride codes specifically for older adults for up to $25 (each way) to their vaccine appointment. Older adults can use SENIORVAX1 when scheduling a ride for their first dose and SENIORVAX2 when scheduling a ride for their second dose.
- Uber is offering up to $25 for rides (each way) to vaccination sites. Visit https://www.uber.com/us/en/coronavirus/ to learn more about scheduling a ride to a vaccination site.