Philadelphia Polar Plunge
We are excited to bring the all-new Philadelphia Polar Plunge to Citizens Bank Park in 2022, bringing the Plunge to a beloved, highly visible sports venue with direct highway access, plenty of free parking and public transportation options. We’re combining the successful Plunge events that previously took place at Drexel University and Neshaminy Creek into one super Philly Plunge that will be the best Philly Plunge yet! Check out our Philadelphia Plunge Facebook Event page!
Due to inclement weather conditions on Saturday, January 29th, the Philadelphia Polar Plunge was postponed to March 5th.
Polar Plungers Commit To:
- Raising a minimum of $50 to participate ($20 is due at registration and counts toward your fundraising goal)
- Showing up ready-to-plunge in proper attire on plunge day to encourage social distancing and reduce the number of people using changing tents at one time
- Jumping into frigid pools set up in front of Citizens Bank Park to show your support of our Special Olympics athletes!
The Philadelphia Polar Plunge offers four different plunges:
Friday, January 28, 2022
- Cool Schools Plunge (High Schools) | 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Business Plunge | 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Saturday, March 5, 2022
- General & University Plunges | 9:00am - 1:00pm
Each plunge is designed specifically for the target audience.
Since the inception of the Philadelphia Plunge, thousands of participants have plunged into frigid waters in support of Special Olympics. Will you plunge in 2022? Register Today!
PLEASE NOTE: To promote social distancing and ensure smooth plunge waves, we are encouraging all plungers to show up in their plunge attire, ready-to-plunge. Our Special Olympics athletes are highly vulnerable to the risks of COVID-19. To help protect them and all attendees, masks will be strongly encouraged at all times EXCEPT when plunging. Extra masks will be available on-site.
TOO CHICKEN TO PLUNGE:
Want to support Special Olympics athletes but really, REALLY don’t want to plunge into a swimming pool in late January? It’s your lucky day!
Register online as a “Too Chicken” plunger and make a one-time $50.00 donation to support the thousands of Special Olympics PA athletes in the Philadelphia region. As a “Too Chicken” plunger, you can also setup an individual fundraising page to raise even more money for our athletes! The choice is yours!
“Too Chicken” plungers are welcome to join us for the General Plunge on Saturday, January 29. PLEASE NOTE: Spectator space may be limited due to Covid-19 mitigation rules and local regulations. Please check this website for updates as plunge day draws nearer.
For more information, contact Contact Jon Blitzer, Events Director – East, at email@example.com or 302-242-1288.
VIRTUAL POLAR POP:
BACK FOR 2022… Take the Virtual “Polar Pop” challenge! Pop a cold water balloon over your head, or over the heads of friends and family members, to show your support of Special Olympics. This virtual option is open to everyone and is perfect for people who are unable to attend the in-person plunge.
Virtual Polar Poppers Commit To:
- Raising a minimum of $50 to get the 2022 Polar Plunge t-shirt
- Doing your “pop” by Thursday, March 31st
- Posting about your “pop” on social media using #PhillyPlunge and challenging others to register and join in on the fun!
IMPORTANT: All reasonable efforts will be made to hold scheduled in-person plunges which assure the safety of all participants. However, Special Olympics PA reserves the right to modify or cancel events as circumstances surrounding the pandemic evolve.