Don’t Want To Take The Plunge But Still Make A Splash?
We invite you to participate in our second annual Polar Pop! To do the Polar Pop on behalf of Special Olympics PA, please follow the steps below.
- Choose the Polar Plunge site nearest to you. There are eight Polar Plunges throughout the state from which to choose
- Visit to the registration page on that plunge site and register as a Virtual Plunger: Take the Polar Pop
- Complete the registration and start soliciting donations. If you are doing the Polar Pop on behalf of a local program, please list that program in the space provided during the registration process
- Share your Polar Pop pictures and videos using the hashtag associated your selected plunge (Ex: #ERIEPLUNGE, #WGPLUNGE, #PHILLYPLUNGE)
Please note that registration to do the POLAR POP closes on the day of the Polar Plunge event per location.
Here are the deadlines to register on each plunge site:
- Erie: Saturday, November 20, 2021
- Beaver County: Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Capital Area: Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Winter Games: Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Lehigh Valley: Saturday, February 19, 2022
- Pittsburgh: Saturday, February
- Philadelphia: TBD
- York: TBD
If you REGISTERED prior to the selected plunge’s deadline, you are still able to fundraise on that page.
If you DO NOT REGISTER by the selected plunge’s deadline, you are welcome to sign up to do the POLAR POP virtually at any of our open plunge sites.
- Please find an active plunge. The dates of each plunge are listed with the plunge information.
- You can sign for on ANY available plunge. If you are doing the POLAR POP on behalf of ANY local program throughout the state, please enter that during the registration process to ensure your local program receives the revenue.
Review the below Polar Pop Checklist and more information about how to Pop!
An Important Caution: You MUST exercise caution and personal responsibility in your Polar Pop activities! Special Olympics Pennsylvania cannot identify or control the risks of every activity.
Be smart, be safe, and be careful – for you and all who join you in your Polar Pop activity. Please follow all safety and COVID-19 protocols. Have fun with it; but above all, BE SAFE.