We are pleased to announce that Special Olympics Pennsylvania will be returning to The Penn Stater for the 2019 Leadership Conference. The conference will take place from August 17th – 18th.
HOTEL & CONFERENCE RESEVATIONS
Leadership Conference 2019 registration and hotel reservations are open as of now and we are using the same process as last year.
- Hotel rooms are to be made by one member of the Program Management Team for all conference attendees. This assures that the Program Management has agreed to the individuals attending the conference.
- The room(s) will be held at the time of booking to a credit card and at the end of the conference billed to the credit card on file.
- Leadership Conference 2019 Registration will be through an on-line process and the fee will be paid by credit card.
- No invoices for the hotel or conference fees will be issued after the conference.
- All payments will be through a credit card; a SOPA credit card or a personal credit card. If a personal credit card is used, the normal reimbursement procedure would be followed with your program.
Hotel Rate - $124.00 per room
Conference Rate - $120 per person
- Please call 1-800-233-7505 and ask for PA Special Olympics Leadership Conference or the GROUP CODE – PSOL19B
- Caller should give all program attendees first and last name with room needs
- Please use the managers (or designee) email for contact information with the hotel.
- Be sure to tell the reservationist what program you are from so SOPA can send you conference details.
- Reservations must be made by July 15th to be sure rooms are available.
- Any changes or cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival, as to not be charged for a full stay.
- If changes or cancellations are not made and there is a “no show”, programs will be responsible for the room charge.
- Payment will be made to the hotel from the programs at check-out.
- SOPA will not bill out to the programs as per previous years.
- Please use your SOPA issued program credit card to manage the charges
- Any athlete who is attending Leadership Conference is expected to strictly adhere to Special Olympics Pennsylvania’s Housing Policy. For more information, view our Housing Policy.
- Any Athlete Leadership University attendees from your program will register for the program with Jordan Schubert - email@example.com
Please take time at your April/May Management Team meetings to discuss who in you program will be able to attend and make your reservation as soon as possible.
Also, this is a reminder that all Leadership awards and HOF nominations must be submitted by May 31st, 2019. Leadership awards and Hall of Fame applications are now live on the “Special Olympics Pennsylvania Online Volunteer Portal” (http://www.specialolympicspa.org) under the “2019 Leadership Awards” drop down menu. If you have not been on the Portal now is a great time to get set up.
Conference session and meal information will be out soon!
Please let Carolyn Kushner (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions.
NEW APPLICATION PROCESS!
Special Olympics Pennsylvania will be awarding the following awards at the 2019 Leadership Banquet
- ATHLETE - HALL OF FAME
- VOLUNTEER - HALL OF FAME
- PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
- COACH OF THE YEAR
- FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR
- MALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR - (Non-Management)
These awards are handed out at Leadership Weekend (August 17-18) at the Saturday night banquet. All programs should take the time to look at the volunteers and athletes who have helped your program work towards the goals and mission of SOPA. Taking time to fill out nomination forms is the 1st step in showing all volunteers and athletes how valued they are to Special Olympics Pennsylvania & their local programs. Hall of Fame honors athletes and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions both on and off the field of competition for 8 to 10 years. We have thousands of success stories of individuals who have benefited from participating in Special Olympics, now is the time to say “THANK YOU!”
2019 Leadership awards and Hall of Fame applications will now live on the “Special Olympics Pennsylvania Online Volunteer Portal” (https://vsys.specialolympicspa.org/) under the “2019 Leadership Awards” drop down menu. If you have not been on the Portal now is a great time to get set up. Directions are below & if you need help with signing on or the application please contact me or email@example.com
How to access the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Online Volunteer Portal
- Go to the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Website: http://www.specialolympicspa.org
- Select: Become A Volunteer Button (blue)
- Select: Volunteer Portal (third left-hand tab option)
You will be directed to the Online Volunteer Portal where you can sign in to access your personal volunteer information. If you are logging in for the first time
- Select: Forgot Password? To reset your password
- Enter User ID: The User ID is your email address
To have an Online Volunteer Portal account you must submit the Online Volunteer Registration form. If you have not, please be sure to do so to create your volunteer profile. For additional assistance please select firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the request form for assistance form the Special Olympics Pennsylvania state office. Please provide your email address within the request form for quickest results.
All nominations must be submitted by May 31, 2019. Please contact me if you have any questions about the application process and we will walk you through it. Thank you & watch your email for more information about the 2019 Leadership Conference at The Penn Stater Hotel & Conference center – August 17-18.