Dear Program Managers,
The 2019 Special Olympics Pennsylvania (SOPA) Leadership Conference will be held from Saturday, August 17 - Sunday, August 18 at The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College. We are very excited to back at this beautiful location once again! The Leadership Conference committee is hard a work planning many amazing sessions and activities for the weekend.
Please take time at your May Management Team meeting to discuss who in you program will be able to attend and make your reservation as soon as possible.
Program Hotel Reservation: Hotel Rate - $124.00 per room
Leadership Conference 2019 registration and hotel reservation are open as of now & we are using the same process as last year.
- Hotel rooms are to be made by one member of the Program Management Team for all conference attendees. This assures that the Program Management has agreed to the individuals attending the conference.
- Please call 1-800-233-7505 and ask for PA Special Olympic Leadership Conference or the GROUP CODE – PSOL19B
- Caller should give all program attendees first and last name with room needs
- Please use the managers (or a designee) email for contact information with the hotel.
- Be sure to tell the reservationist what program you are from, so SOPA can send you conference details.
- Reservations must be made by July 15th to be sure rooms are available.
- Any changes or cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival to not be charge for a full stay.
- If changes or cancellations are not made and there is a “no show”, programs will be responsible for the room charge.
- Payment will be made to the hotel from the programs at check-out.
- SOPA will not bill out to the programs as per previous years.
- Please use your SOPA issued program credit card to manage the charges
- If you program does not have a SOPA credit card and would like to receive one please contact - Roberta Melnyk, Local Programs Staff Accountant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Any athlete who is attending Leadership Conference is expected to strictly adhere to Special Olympics Pennsylvania’s Housing Policy. For more information, you can refer to: http://specialolympicspa.org/images/site_pages/SOPA_HOUSING_POLICY_-_APPROVED_Feb_23_2013.pdf
- Any Athlete University attendees from your program will register for that program with Jordan Schubert - email@example.com
No Hotel Stay
If you are not planning on staying overnight at The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, please contact Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Early Conference Arrival
We welcome anyone to come into town early to spend time in area as the summer comes to a close. Information on other fun activities can be found at: http://www.visitpennstate.org/member/centre-countypenn-state-visitor-center/
- SOPA will have NO formal events or meals on Friday the 16th unless you are a part of New Manager Training or Athlete University
Program Conference Reservation:
The conference registration is directing all programs to register & pay for their conference directly with our fundraising software “CLASSY”.
- Payment will be made for conference registration from the programs when you click “check-out” in the registration program.
- Full Conference - $120.00
- Saturday only - $75
- Banquet only - $40
- Sunday only - $45
- SOPA will not bill out to the programs as per previous years.
- Please use your SOPA issued program credit card or a personal credit card to manage the charges
- Programs may have 1 person register everyone at once or send the link to each person but payment must be made before registration is complete
- We are not asking any programs to make a donation to SOPA while registering please ignore the “make a donation” page on the web site
Please follow this link – https://give.classy.org/SOPALeadershipConference2019
- Click on “GET TICKETS”
- Select (+) how many people you are registering for each ticket
- Skip – “Add a donation” page
- Answer each question for each “attendee” you are registering
- Please have credit card information available at time of registration
- Please note – Credentials are pulled from this list (spelling & positions)
Contact Carolyn with any questions. Cancellations will be honored until August 9, 2019.
Leadership Awards & Hall of Fame
While utilizing a new method of collecting Leadership Award Surveys with the Vsys Online Portal, we discovered that select applications for Leadership Awards and Hall of Fame 2019 did not submit properly. In efforts to best capture these applications, we have updated the process by using different links, still on the Volunteer Portal, and we have extended the overall deadline to June 21st.
I encourage all programs to submit an application for an award for 2019.
I am planning on reaching out to individuals who we believe might have filled out an application that we do not have, but if you have filled out an application, please contact me so we can confirm we have the nominations.
The applications can be reached in 2 ways:
The Portal link - https://vsys.specialolympicspa.org/
- Leadership Award - Program of the Year - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/uc41TQ
- Leadership Award - Coach of the Year - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/JlgWBJ
- Leadership Award - Female/Male Athlete of the year - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/Cs67yp
- Leadership Award - Volunteer of the Year - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/ZJGjDD
- Hall of Fame - Volunteer (Male or Female) - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/clvYOH
- Hall of Fame - Athlete (Male or Female) - https://carolynkushner.typeform.com/to/K0Pesg
Thank you & have a great summer!
How to access the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Online Volunteer Portal
- Go to the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Website: http://www.specialolympicspa.org
- Select: Become A Volunteer Button (blue)
- Select: Volunteer Portal (third left-hand tab option)
You will be directed to the Online Volunteer Portal where you can sign in to access your personal volunteer information. If you are logging in for the first time
- Select: Forgot Password? To reset your password
- Enter User ID: The User ID is your email address
To have an Online Volunteer Portal account you must submit the Online Volunteer Registration form. If you have not, please be sure to do so to create your volunteer profile. For additional assistance please select email@example.com and submit the request form for assistance form the Special Olympics Pennsylvania state office. Please provide your email address within the request form for quickest results.