Coaches Corner - October 2020
2020 SOPA Competition Information
- Our website is the GO TO for all sports and competition information
- Recordings of the Pre-Season Coaches Webinars can be found on the Sports Offered page of the SOPA Website
- Fall 2020 Competition dates and deadlines can be found on the Event Calendar on the SOPA website. Click here to access.
All entry forms are on the Forms page, click here to access.
- We have created a CLOSED group Facebook Page: SOPA Coaches
- There are qualifying questions that coaches must answer to be added. If they don’t answer the questions, they will not be added:
- What county do you coach for?
- What sports do you coach?
- This page is managed by our competition team
- Joining this page is OPTIONAL, it is simply one more way we hope to improve communication
- Goals: Improve communication:
- SOPA share information
- Encourage coaches to ask questions directly to competition team
- Coaches to share best practices
- Encourage cross collaboration by coaches
Training school registration is on the VSys personal portal.
- All coaches must register themselves for a training school.
- The SOPA Website and Monthly Update will tell you about a training school. It will provide - date, sport and county
- The coach must then go to their personal VSys Portal to find the time, location and to register.
- If we do not have coaches registered - we will cancel the training. This may be the only opportunity to have training in that area prior to the Sectional or State Games.
- If we cancel due to a clinician or facility issue - we will reschedule.
- Please encourage all coaches to register for a training school!
Coach Background Clearances and Athlete Medicals
- All coaches, both RETURNING and NEW MUST complete the new PA State required background checks via SOPA. Please contact your Field Director for more information.
- Program’s responsibility to ensure all athletes have a CURRENT medical for the season in which they are participating uploaded into VSys. There is a pre-populated report in VSys instructions can be found here.
Lunch and Learn Webinar Series:
The SOPA team, in collaboration with some local program volunteers, will be hosting a monthly webinar series. These webinars will all take place at noon via Zoom webinar on the dates listed on our Lunch & Learn webpage. We are hosting this series in an effort to keep everyone in the loop on new information as well as continue to help us improve in a number of different areas. This will be a place for sharing thoughts, resources, and information that will be beneficial to everyone across the state. For those who are unable to attend live, all webinars will be recorded and posted on the SOPA website.