2021 UNcathlon: Registration Is Open
The 5th annual UNcathlon to benefit Special Olympics Pennsylvania (SOPA) is a one of a kind team challenge event that unleashes the transformative power of teamwork! The event is much like a decathlon, but with 11 events as opposed to 10. The UNcathlon embodies the daily goal of SOPA: inclusion & acceptance through sport! The event will be UNified, UNconventional & UNforgettable!
The event will take place on Sunday, September 19, 2021 at the Peters Township High School, located at 121 Rolling Hills Dr., McMurray, PA. We are ONLY accepting 16 teams this year for the 2021 UNcathlon event. Register your co-ed team of 5 today ($2,500 per team fundraising goal); and help us, slowly & safely, get back to in-person events.
You can participate in two ways:
- UNcathlon Participant: Lace up your shoes, hit the gym, and start to raise money for Special Olympics!
- FUNdraiser: Interested in helping, but don't want to participate as an athlete on event day? No problem! You can still raise funds and awareness for a wonderful cause without breaking a sweat. Just choose FUNdraiser during registration!
Or, you can simply make a generous donation:
- Sponsor A Participant: Support one of the athletes already registered to participate and donate!
Our participants will be challenged both physically and mentally; and will be tasked with the additional challenge of raising funds in support of nearly 16,000 athletes.
The day of the event, participants will take part in 10 physical trials that will test speed, strength and endurance.
- One Lap Run
- Two Lap Relay (2 participants, each person will take 1 lap)
- Row (2 minute timed for distance)
- Medicine Ball Burpees (2 minute timed for reps)
- Basketball Free Throws (2 minute timed for baskets)
- 20 Yard Shuttle Run
- Standing Broad Jump
- Mini Jav
- Shot Put
- Mystery Event
Since the UNcathlon is a fundraiser held in honor of Special Olympics Pennsylvania, the 11th event is “FUNdraising.” This will account for a percentage of the overall score. The funds raised will help to provide training & sport competitions free of charge to our wonderful Special Olympics athletes.