Virtual Athlete Leadership University Session Rescheduled
Special Olympics Pennsylvania has rescheduled the Athlete Representative I session that was to take place November 13th-15th to December 4th-6th. Limited spots still remain open for this session and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. In order to be trained as an Athlete Representative, an athlete must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (This is a Class A Volunteer Position).
- Actively participates in at least one sport each year.
- Can read, write and speak at a 5th grade level at minimum.
- No recent history of misbehavior.
- Is comfortable working in groups of all sizes with athletes, volunteers and staff they may/may not be familiar with.
- Open to the ideas of others and not just their own.
- Represent Special Olympics Pennsylvania professionally in manner and appearance.
An Athlete Representative must also have a Mentor, which can be a family member, coach or another individual the athlete has a good existing relationship with. A Mentor must:
- 18 years of age or older (This is also a Class A Volunteer Position).
- Cannot be a current or former athlete.
- Good role model that’s patient and supportive.
- Allows Athlete Leader to grow.
- Represent Special Olympics Pennsylvania professionally.
If interested in attending, please speak with your Local Program Manager/Director ASAP! If your Local Program Manager/Director approves, registration can be completed in Special Olympics Pennsylvania’s Online Portal. Once logged in, please click on the “Athlete Leadership Opportunities” tab and select “Athlete Leadership University, December, 2020 (Athlete Representative I)”. As the registration information is currently being updated within the Online Portal, please refer to the most up to date version right here first.