3rd Annual Unified Bocce Government Challenge
Special Olympics Pennsylvania (SOPA) held its third annual Unified Bocce Government Challenge on Monday, April 29th in the East Rotunda of the State Capitol in Harrisburg, PA. The challenge paired various local organizational leaders, government officials and legislative leaders (Unified Partners) with SOPA athletes for a fun, competitive and social experience.
Click here to view event images.
Congratulations to this year’s Unified Bocce Government Challenge Team Winners – the PA Department of Education’s “Edu-gators.” We are also grateful for the other participating teams:
- Governor Tom Wolf’s Office –“The Wolfpack”
- PA Department of Health – “Dept. of Health”
- PA House of Democrats/Republicans – “House”
- PA Senate Democrat Caucus/PA Senate GOP – “Senate”
- Geisinger Health – “Rollers for Health”
- PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation – “Access = Success”
Attendees competed in teams that included a mix of SOPA athletes and Unified Partners. Each team consisted of 8 members, and competition rounds were12 minutes long with 5 minute transition periods in between.
Teams competed in a bracket format to determine an overall winner of the first ever Unified Bocce Government Challenge trophy!