Competition Coordinator - April 2021
Spring Sports Return to Activities
- Spring Sports Return to Activities Webinar
Virtual Summer Games
- Information coming soon!
- Important Dates:
Mid-Season Google Scoresheets were shared with Sport and Competition Coordinators
Thursday, April 22nd by 11:59 pm - Mid-Season Google Scoresheet Due
Thursday, May 27th by 11:59 pm - Final Google Scoresheet Due
SONA Move Challenge:
- Individual athletes and Unified partners should be entering their weekly times every Monday on the Smart Sheet.
Update - Personal Best Tracking: We will be collecting personal best times in most sports.
- We will be utilizing this information to track athlete progress and build our database.
- We hope this will increase conversation with coaches and athletes regarding personal best and promote appropriate goal setting
- We will continue to promote opportunities to educate on the importance of tracking athlete performance and jointly setting goals to improve that performance
- 2020 Rule Updates:
- Available online: https://specialolympicspa.org/sports-and-games/sports-offered
- Select sport to view updates
After-hour support will be available via competition director’s cell phone number during designated hours the weeks of all competition paperwork deadlines. Exact information will be shared with all programs in the coming weeks and will also be listed in the SOPA Event calendar on the website. All competition dates and due dates for information for the rest of the year can be found on the SOPA website calendar. To access click here.
MTM is our Official Ribbons and Medals Supplier! If you need to order medals and ribbons please see the information below:
- You must order through the order form. If you call they will direct you to the attached form.
- Include everything on the form you want such as - include pins or please string ribbons.
- They will send you a confirmation email for your approval.
- Click here to see the new catalogs and updated order form.
Young Athletes Updates
ARE YOU ORDERING NEW ATTIRE FOR YOUR DELEGATION?
Just a reminder on your T-shirt color – Please refrain from wearing solid red or orange T-shirts during special events. Special events include Opening and Closing Ceremonies, dances and Olympic Village. Red denotes our medical team and orange, our security team. We have chosen these colors so our essential volunteers can easily be identified and quickly located during a time of need at our special events.
If you are looking to rock some Special Olympics PA Gear, check out our SOPA Gear Store.