MULTI-SPORTS TRAINING CAMP
Special Olympics Pennsylvania offers a week long sports camp for athletes. This camp usually occurs in August of each year in South/Western Pennsylvania. Athletes enjoy the usual summer camping experience while participating in sports training in their specific sports as well as an opportunity to try other sports.
Multi-Sports Training Camp will take place at Antiochian Village in Bolivar, PA from August 13-19, 2017
- April 21, 2017 - Allocation Sheet and Athlete/Coach Applications – Sent to the accepted programs Contact Person
- June 23, 2017 - Misc. Camp Information – will be sent to the programs Contact Person.
- 2018 – August 12-18
- 2019 – August 11-17
For more information, contact the State College Office at 1-800-235-9058 ext. 245.
In 1978, Ken and Anthony Yazge met with former Special Olympics Pennsylvania President Frank Dean to see how their church could benefit the athletes of Special Olympics. The creation of a week-long sports training camp stemmed from that meeting and has (other than Summer Games) lasted longer than any other event at SOPA.
- Funding for the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Multi-Sports Training Camp comes from the North American Council (NAC) Teen Society of Orthodox Youth Organizations (SOYO).
- No camper, coach, or local program needs to pay any registration fees to attend.
- The Camp provides an intensive training program for Special Olympics athletes across the state. Athletes must be 12 years of age or older.
- Primary Sports offered are Aquatics, Athletics, Basketball, Bocce, Golf, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis and Volleyball.
- Programs must provide same gender coach coverage 1:4 (1 coach for every 4 athletes)
Special Olympics Coaches and athletes who would like to attend Sports Camp must notify their local program Manager.
Important Camp Information: